The Daily Daisy

Welcome to the blogspot for Yanna Conway. I have a vision and passion to see women of God walk in a deep love relationship with Jesus Christ. Come in for a visit!

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Leave a Legacy

Last night our church had the privilege of honoring our Youth Pastor of 23 years. Pastor Bruce has poured his life into the youth of our church and his legacy last night was apparent for all to see. He will probably not know until he is in Heaven one day the impact he made on so many generations of young people.

It made me think in a fresh way what a responsibility we have with each day we're given. I don't know if I have tomorrow. One of the scriptures that always causes me to be still and remind myself and know that He is God is in Isaiah 40:6-8. "All flesh is grass. And all its loveliness is like the flower of the field. The grass withers, the flower fades, Because the breath of the Lord blows upon it; surely the people are grass. The grass withers, the flower fades, But the Word of our God stands forever."

This is the moment I have to make a difference. This is the moment I have to surrender myself to the Lord and obey what He is speaking to me. It can sound complicated or grandiose to leave a legacy....do I need to be a published author, an evangelist like Billy Graham, a shining example like Mother Teresa, an incredible youth pastor like our dear Pastor Bruce? I believe we just need to take what God has placed in our hand and use it for His glory. Listen to what He asks of you today and do it....really it's that simple.

So, my heart is so very thankful today to the people who have invested something into my life. The ones who have believed in me when I felt I couldn't believe in myself... the ones who have prayed for me when I was unaware...the ones who have pointed me toward the Lord when my eyes have been on myself...thank you.

And I must look around me to those I can do the same for. Who is in my path who needs me to believe in them? Let's leave a legacy for Him together.......

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home