The Daily Daisy

Welcome to the blogspot for Yanna Conway. I have a vision and passion to see women of God walk in a deep love relationship with Jesus Christ. Come in for a visit!

Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Do You Hear What I Hear?

Yesterday as I was feeding snack to the kids I opened the window to hear the birds singing loudly. I told the kids to listen. We all sat still to hear the chirping of the birds. I moved on to getting some cookies out...seems silly but as I opened the bag I was aware of the sound of the crinkling it made. Instantly I heard the Lord say, what do you hear? Um, a cookie bag? I'd know what that was if my eyes were closed...and the birds as well. I began to think of other sounds I hear every day that I easily recognize...the garage door opening, the cupboards opening and closing (and opening and closing and opening and closing!), the dryer buzzer. I recognize them because they are part of every day of my life.

Let him who has an ear HEAR what the Spirit is saying...as we live and breath and move in the Spirit we will begin to recognize His voice. You may think you can't hear Him. I encourage you to daily spend time with Him and in His Word. As you do there will come a recognition of Him that you won't have to second guess. You will hear the sound of the Spirit.

A week or so ago a few of our sons took part in a media fast. For 3 days they stayed off the computer, didn't listen to music and refrained from texting. The biggest thing I noticed was a different awareness about them. Conversations took place that otherwise might not have. Sometimes in order to hear clearly we need to break away from the things that hinder a clear frequency.

So I encourage you today to listen...take some time to get quiet before Him. I believe if you choose to tune your ear, you will hear...because He is faithful. Do you hear what I hear?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home