The Daily Daisy

Welcome to the blogspot for Yanna Conway. I have a vision and passion to see women of God walk in a deep love relationship with Jesus Christ. Come in for a visit!

Sunday, July 13, 2008

He Loved You First

"That's how I know he wants to be my friend mom," said one of my sons, as he hung up the phone. My listening tuned in a little closer to this conversation as I sensed something profound was about to come out.

"Okay, tell me what you mean Morgan," I said. "Well, you know how you have some friends who don't ever call you or ask if you want to do stuff?....How it can seem like you're always the one asking to hang out?" I smiled....yes, I know what you mean.

"But then, if somebody calls you, just for no reason, just to see how you are, you KNOW they like you and really want to be your friend. They call you first!" he continued.

"That's how this is mom. Somebody thinks I'm cool to hang out with and it just makes me feel great." And out the door he went to hang out.

Instantly, I heard the Holy Spirit speak to my heart. That's how you can know and rest assured that I love you Yanna. I thought about the truth that Jesus made the first move towards me. Why do I love Him? Because He first loved me. 1 John 4:19. He's the One who said in John 15:16...You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you...

Jesus has made the first move towards you. To be in relationship with someone, a response is needed. He wants to spend time with you, hang out with you....because, just because, He loved you first.

3 Comments:

  • At 7/18/2008 5:45 PM , Blogger Shaun and Michelle Slauenwhite said...

    So true! Amazing what God can show us through the most simple things. Everyone can relate with Morgan! Thanks for writing!

     
  • At 8/02/2008 2:54 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Simple truth, yet so profound! Thanks again, hun!

     
  • At 9/17/2008 12:09 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I have been struggling with embracing God's love and happened to read your blog linked to a friend of mine. Thank you for putting down the verses from 1 John 4:19 and John 15:16. what an amazing reminder through scripture about God's love for me and that I will always be his daughter no matter what!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home