The Daily Daisy

Welcome to the blogspot for Yanna Conway. I have a vision and passion to see women of God walk in a deep love relationship with Jesus Christ. Come in for a visit!

Monday, April 23, 2007

Reserved Seating

You've been waiting for such a long time! Your feet are hurting, the wind is blowing, and yes, the line is growing longer and longer as you wait. Just when you feel like giving up, you make it to the front of the line... it's your turn....finally! But suddenly the bell boy steps out to inform the crowd....sorry folks we're sold out. Please come back tomorrow night.

You can't believe it! This is not right....you have waited and finally when you thought you were at the place to get where you wanted to be, you're turned away. Why does this ALWAYS happen to me? You lament, you scream...probably in silence... this is NOT fair!

Have you ever been tempted to bud in line? I remember as a kid wanting to make sure I didn't miss whatever I was waiting for. An autograph, the best pancakes (who wants soggy, cold food?), the toy on sale, the best seat at the movies...all prizes waiting to be claimed. A panic can rise if it's something you feel desperate for. As we grow up it could be something more meaningful, like a job, a position in ministry, a spouse, even a child... it is so hard to wait and be patient. What if someone forgets us or we are overlooked somehow?

But if someone has gone ahead of you and promised to save your place...you don't worry about missing out. You have the assurance that your friend has you covered and you can relax in line knowing your place is reserved.

Awhile ago I heard the Lord clearly say to me....Yanna, I'm saving you a seat. No one else will sit in your place because your name reserves it. Others may get in before you but they will not take what I have reserved for you...because it's yours. Don't push ahead...be still and know that I am God. Let the waiting do it's work in you. The waiting is for a purpose. And trust ME. Trust the truth of my Word that says....You did not choose ME, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit....John 15:16...His promises to us are true and while in this life we can be disappointed, we know that what He promises us will come to pass.

The Lord is saving you a seat. What He has for you is yours. Others have their seats reserved for them....don't get messed up in comparing what He has for them with what He has for you. So relax while you're waiting in line and trust that your place is reserved with your name in BOLD letters.

1 Comments:

  • At 5/15/2007 8:49 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Heh Yanna
    Thanks for this message it was very timely for me. I definitely have a spirit of impatience which God is working out of me.The fact that he has a place saved for me and that what he has for me is mine and will not change is awesome. Thanks for writing those awesom, inspiring words. I needed them today.
    God Bless
    Nancy H

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home