The Daily Daisy

Welcome to the blogspot for Yanna Conway. I have a vision and passion to see women of God walk in a deep love relationship with Jesus Christ. Come in for a visit!

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Anyone Thirsty?

My newest screen saver is an amazing portrait of a calm and quiet brook....sunlight filtering through evergreens, sparkling clear water, the hope of a new day breaking with the sunrise. WOW, I'm feeling poetic tonight:) Anyway....what catches your eye is the graceful doe on the bank of the brook leaning down to fill her momentary need for water.

Of course, it reminds me of the verse that says...As the deer pants for the waterbrook, so my soul longs for You. My soul longs, that's for sure. It is truly never satisfied. One amazing experience demands yet another. Do you know what I mean? There is something exciting on the horizon for you...maybe a well-deserved vacation, a promotion at work, a night out with friends, a new outfit that you feel great in, a gift certificate waiting to be spent, even a ministry opportunity. That adventure, if you can call it that, comes and disappears quickly and then we are on to what's around the next corner.

There isn't anything wrong with those things unless we are looking for them to fufill us. What truly and deeply satisfies our longing is Him. He brings a peace and consistent joy to our days. I'm certainly not there every day, but I'm growing, of that I'm sure.

It reminds me of our physical body's thirst and need for water. If we don't drink enough fluids our body begins to dehydrate. I looked up the symptoms of dehydration one time and I believe it parallels to what happens in our spirit when we neglect our daily times with Him and His Word.

Listen to this....Dehydration causes a person to become tired, cranky and stiff-jointed. It can bring on headaches and cramps. A dehydrated person will be lethargic, impatient, have a weak pulse, suffer dizziness and become disinterested in drinking. In severe cases, death may result.

Staying hydrated benefits the body by increasing our physical and mental endurance, helps to maintain a pleasant demeanor, prevents muscle cramps and keeps toxins flushed out of the body.

My love for the Word and my times with the Lord are increasing. When I miss them, it really affects my day. I sense the thirst of my soul. I'm realizing more and more that Jesus is my lifeline. No matter what, I need to keep myself hooked up to Him. So, if you feel your soul is thirsty, remember the deer. Make your way back to the waterbrook and you will find yourself being satisfied. Then the other adventures that come your way are brighter, more special....you've already been drinking from the right well so the rest is a beautiful overflow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home