The Daily Daisy

Welcome to the blogspot for Yanna Conway. I have a vision and passion to see women of God walk in a deep love relationship with Jesus Christ. Come in for a visit!

Friday, October 27, 2006

Remember Who You Are

There is a plastic, silver tiara sitting on my bedside table. It is covered with colorful plastic jewels and actually hurts my head if I put it on. But it will stay there for a very special reason...it reminds me of who I really am. It reminds me that my King is calling me to dance with Him. It reminds me that I have a role to play and if I choose to stay a wallflower in the spirit, much will be lost.

Several months ago, at a ladies retreat, we discussed our value and purpose as princesses of the King. Since then there have been moments I have been filled with faith and have raised my Sword to wield the enemy useless in my life and the lives of others. And there have been other times, I'm sad to say, I have denied my identity and hid behind a bush with dirt on my knees, ashamed as the King came by.

The dirty and tattered clothes I wear some days comes in the form of selfishness, discouragement, pride, and self-pity, to name a few. And because I know I am called to more than this, when I realize I've given in, believed a lie for awhile or clung to an attitude that felt justifiable.....instead of running to Him I run from Him. Reminds me of Eve. The good thing is I think my times of hiding are becoming less frequent and much shorter. Where else can we go really that does us any good than to run to Him in our time of failure? of need? of disappointment? He is truly the one who sets us back on our feet, applies pressure to the bleeding wound, or gives the exact encouragement we are desperate for.

Tonight I felt to remind you of who you really are and that, yes, He is calling your name. I pray this encourages your heart and keeps your eyes looking at Jesus regardless of your circumstances.

Song of Solomon 2:14 "O my dove (that's you) in the clefts of the rock, In the secret places of the cliff, Let me see your face, Let me hear your voice; for your voice is sweet and your face is lovely." (Don't hide from HIM)

Matthew 25:34 "Come, you who are blessed by my Father; TAKE your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world."

Jeremiah 31:3 "I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with lovingkindness."

Listen, remember that we are the Bride of Christ. Don't be discouraged and condemn yourself as the Holy Spirit begins to put His finger on areas of your life that need His cleansing. This is an incredible privilege and honor. We are being prepared. Yield yourself as the BRIDE to this preparation and conviction. Don't run and sink into self-pity. It does nothing but keep us in that sinking sand longer. It is time to rise up, remember who we are, and walk. There is privilege and responsibility that comes with our calling as His Bride, His Princesses. And until we accept both of these we will not be happy.

I'll leave you with two other scripture verses to think about tonight and know that the Holy Spirit will individualize them for exactly where you're at.

Isaiah 60:1 "Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord rises upon you."

Isaiah 52: 1-2 "Awake, awake, O Zion, clothe yourself with strength. Put on your garments of splendor, O Jerusalem, the holy city. The uncircumcised and defiled will not enter you again. Shake off your dust; rise up, sit enthroned, O Jerusalem. Free yourself from the chains on your neck, O captive Daughter of Zion."

Step away from the wall....He's calling you to DANCE.