The Daily Daisy

Welcome to the blogspot for Yanna Conway. I have a vision and passion to see women of God walk in a deep love relationship with Jesus Christ. Come in for a visit!

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Perfect Love

Think for a minute about someone you dearly love. Pause. Yeah, really do it. Have that person in your mind? Spouse, brother, sister, son, daughter, mother, father, friend? Now imagine someone has unjustly accused them. Someone is questioning their character. Someone is slandering their reputation.

What is your response? Are you afraid to defend them? Would you need to pause in order to think of something to say? I don't think so. The reason you would jump to their defense is because you truly KNOW and deeply LOVE them. Whenever this has happened to me, even though my heart may be pounding, I find I'm able to push past whatever fear I may have of confronting and speak. Actually, the challenge is to speak in a way that would be pleasing to the Lord! Fear doesn't hinder you because your love for the person is stronger than the fear.

The reality is this...when you love someone you have boldness and confidence where they are concerned. You want to spend time with them. You stand your ground in defending them. AND you BELIEVE in the love they have for you.

I remember several years ago I was struggling to believe God's love for me. I knew in my head it was true but I was not walking as a beloved daughter. I questioned His love. I was constantly afraid that every mistake brought Him great disappointment and then because I was afraid I would allow silence to come between us. He said this to me, "Yanna, if one of your sons came to you constantly and asked you....mom, do you love me? Day after day, the same question... would it not grieve your heart?" I realized that it would because it would show they were not believing in my love for them. I got it!

When we believe and know the love God has for us, our love for Him will grow. We will have confidence to come before Him. Fear will go and be replaced by boldness as we grow rooted in that love. Then when the time comes that someone questions us, a passion for Him will naturally flow out our mouth and our attitudes. Boldness that is born out of our love for Jesus and His love for us breaks the grip of fear.

1John 4:18 There is no fear in love (dread does not exist), but full-grown (complete, perfect) love turns fear out of doors and expels every trace of terror! For fear brings with it the thought of punishment, and so he who is afraid has not reached the full maturity of love (is not yet grown into love's complete perfection).
-Amplified Bible

A beautiful way to get rooted in this love is to memorize the Word. Why not start with 1John 4: 12-19?

Love you,
Yanna

1 Comments:

  • At 10/31/2006 10:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Thanks Yanna, the way you share is an inspiration and I thank you for sharing your heart and your mother's is a way for God to reach us when we need reaching most.
    Nancy

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home