The Daily Daisy

Welcome to the blogspot for Yanna Conway. I have a vision and passion to see women of God walk in a deep love relationship with Jesus Christ. Come in for a visit!

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Behind a Closed Door

Let me tell you a story.....

Once upon a time there was a house. In this house were many rooms. All rooms were beautiful and tidy with the exception of one....

The bathroom was fully functional when we moved in. I was delighted to have two toilets with our family of 6. Although the paper adorning the walls was much too loud for my taste I was able to overlook it.....for a time.

One day I took it upon myself to remove the gaudy stuff. Stripping it, ripping it, piece by piece revealled the ugly truth of the room. The drywall was crumbling around the base of the walls, holes of various sizes decorated this lovely place. I realized this was a bit more than I had bargained for. This room required more than a coat of paint. I quit removing the wallpaper and decided I would finish this project another day.

Soon, because of neglect, the room was not only ugly, it was dirty. The toilet quit working and we didn't have the knowledge to fix it or the money to pay a plumber. But boys being boys, my four sons, continued to use the toilet which of course made for a foul smell no one should have to describe.

It wasn't long before the bathroom became a storage area where we shoved all the things we had no place for. The call would come whenever company was expected, "Did anyone close the bathroom door?" Because the first room you saw upon entering our house was....you guessed it the bathroom.

We would show guests around the rest of our clean and orderly house and hear their comments on what a lovely home we had. If anyone asked about the room with the closed door I would just say "storage room." I couldn't bear for anyone to open that door and see the mess I had made and have them realize I had no clue how to fix it. It was too much for me, so I did what was the easiest....I ignored the room and kept the door closed.

The Lord reminded me that this is so much like my life. In many ways, I seem to have things in order, every little thing in place. But then there's this little room in my heart that He knocks on ever so gently and says, "what's in there Yanna?"
OH...just a mess I've made Lord but I'll clean it up eventually. I don't want you to come in, not now anyway. So, He says....okay, I'll wait...til you're ready. He says, "remember, you just have to open the door and I will deal with the mess...but YOU have to be the one to turn the knob and let ME in.

The Bible tells us that Jesus will come in when we invite Him to deal with the messes we've made in our lives. Revelation 3:20 says "Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him and he with Me."

Whatever may be behind the door you're keeping closed, it's not too much for Him. SO , open the door and trust Him for the clean up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home