The Daily Daisy

Welcome to the blogspot for Yanna Conway. I have a vision and passion to see women of God walk in a deep love relationship with Jesus Christ. Come in for a visit!

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Magnify

There are moments in my life...if I'm still for long enough...that I am truly in awe of God. He takes my breath away. It goes to show really that we need to slow down more often, think of Him, and magnify Him (make Him bigger!)

This happens to me every time I am flying in an airplane. I look out the window and stare at the ground below. I close my eyes and try to imagine the size of a single human being so far from where I am. I imagine that to a minute degree I have a perspective like the Lord does. And I am overcome with HIS greatness and how very small I am. Close your eyes for a minute and try to take this in. He is the God of the universe and yet HE is so in love with us. Your name is engraved in the palm of His hand. Nothing is going on in your life right now that He is unaware of or that He doesn't have an answer for.

So, tonight, after it gets dark....go outside....lay on your lawn...sit on a chair on your porch....look at the stars and MAGNIFY your CREATOR. Be quiet, be still and know that He is GOd.

Psalm 34:1-3

I will bless the Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth.
My soul shall make its boast in the Lord; The humble shall hear of it and be glad.
Oh, MAGNIFY the Lord with me, and let us exalt His name together.


Here's the lyrics of an old song the Lord brought back to my mind this afternoon...

"Think about His love...Think about His goodness...Think about His grace, that's brought us through....for as HIGH as the Heavens above....how great is the measure of our Father's love...great is the measure of our Father's love."

Sing it tonight if you know it when you look at the stars and let the truth of the words register deep in your soul.

Love,
Yanna

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home