The Daily Daisy

Welcome to the blogspot for Yanna Conway. I have a vision and passion to see women of God walk in a deep love relationship with Jesus Christ. Come in for a visit!

Monday, September 18, 2006

Priceless

I remember the story my mother tells of me as a four year old....we had just relocated to a new house and I wanted someone to play with. Around the neighborhood I went, knocking on every door to see if someone wanted to "come out and play with me."

Now I look after children during the day and the girls make me smile. One day they are "best friends" and the next day they are "not inviting you to my birthday party."

We chuckle at these sweet reminders of our childhood but still in the heart of every woman, I believe, is the desire for a close friend....a kindred spirit...as Anne would call it. Someone who understands you just the way you are... who actually likes your quirky ways...listens to your endless ramblings...cherishes your dreams...keeps your secrets...challenges (kindly) your insecurities...and treats you as a sister would.

I believe God put this desire within us. He created us for relationships. But there is so much involved for women in their friendships. Learning to trust, forgiving, communicating with honesty, and risking vulnerability to name a few.

There have been seasons in my life where I have felt so alone. These are the times I have been taught by the Lord that there is no FRIEND like Him. I believe we go through these seasons to learn to cling to Him and let Him touch our hearts like no friend can. We learn the truth that He alone can fill the ache in our hearts. And when we are full of Him we have so much to give our friends.

If you find yourself in a time of lonliness I want to encourage you to bring this request to the Lord. As Staci Eldredge says in her book Captivating, "We are not made to live our lives alone. We were designed to live in relationship and share in the lives of other women. We need each other. God knows that. He will help us. We have only to ask and surrender, to wait, to hope, and in faith, to love." I am one who has experienced His faithfulness in this way....not always in the timing I would like, mind you :)

If you are blessed with one or two friends who you have that close connection with, remember to treasure and value that gift. That is really what it is. God has entrusted you with the tender privilege to speak life into one of His daughters, to embrace someone a little different than you and to accept the same in return. The most precious thing I can do for my friend is to pray for her. And not just in my prayer times throughout the day.....pray together after you have a coffee and cast your cares on Him together. At times this can feel awkward but push through it anyway. The truest friend is a praying friend.

So, I'll leave you with a little challenge....call that friend today and tell her how much she means to you. Remind her that she is truly PRICELESS. Go ahead, be vulnerable. Thank her for the gift she is. Ask her if there is anything she needs accountability for. Take a step, a risk... after all, that's what we do when we really love someone.

2 Comments:

  • At 9/19/2006 12:09 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    My dear friend, you are indeed PRICELESS

     
  • At 9/19/2006 7:11 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    thats so true , i think that is one of my biggest problems and the thing that holds me back the most is worring if i have friends and not feeling like i do is in my opinion the worst feeling ever ...but it makes me feel better to know that other people have felt that way to , thanks for sharing your heart :)

    jessica

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home