The Daily Daisy

Welcome to the blogspot for Yanna Conway. I have a vision and passion to see women of God walk in a deep love relationship with Jesus Christ. Come in for a visit!

Monday, September 11, 2006

Aware of His Presence

The other night I dreamed that I was pregnant! I was thankful to wake up and know it was only a dream....I love my children but 4 is plenty...:)

The following day my thoughts were turned back to my pregnancies...remembering what it was like to have another life growing inside. Truly an amazing experience that is difficult to describe. The first butterfly flutters of movement, my expanding belly...the heartburn! So much change and a new awareness of my daily activities...all of a sudden there was a life that I was responsible for. As much as I loved coffee, I stopped drinking it. I thought about what I ate more, making sure I was eating enough fruits and vegetables. And when I was outside, especially during the northern BC winters, I watched for icy patches and was extremely aware of my footing.

As I was thinking this way I heard the Lord say very clearly to me..."Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?" 1Cor 3:16.

There was a "yes Lord" go off inside of me and a stillness as this sunk in, in a fresh way. I need to have a deep awareness that every day I'm living I carry the Spirit of God in me. If I am aware of His presence, I will stop and listen as He whispers my name. If I am aware of His presence I will refrain from whatever could harm or hinder our communicating. If I am aware of His presence I will watch what I am consuming. And I will be aware of those places that could cause me to slip and cause injury to my growth. I will take the hands of those that have been placed around me for support instead of insisting I can do it on my own. A fall could be costly.

So today I pray for a fresh awareness of the Spirit of God within me and within you. That we would remember that we are indeed the temple of the Holy Spirit and that we are not our own. We have been bought with a price... so Lord let us glorify You in our bodies and our spirits...they belong to You.

1Cor6:19-20

2 Comments:

  • At 9/13/2006 1:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I like this one! You are right! I never really thought of it this way. I always think, when I get pregnant, I am going to watch what I eat more, and be careful. I never really thought about the idea of God's spirit indwelling in us as being the same sort of thing. I mean I read the Scripture many times about being the temple of the Holy Spirit, but I never understood it in those terms before. Good thought.

     
  • At 3/10/2010 9:15 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Amen and Amen :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home