The Daily Daisy

Welcome to the blogspot for Yanna Conway. I have a vision and passion to see women of God walk in a deep love relationship with Jesus Christ. Come in for a visit!

Friday, September 22, 2006

The Sound of the Train

It was Connor's last day with me. The cute little blondie with the longest eyelashes you've ever seen and a vocabulary unimaginable for a three-year old was on his way to bigger and better things. I'd had him in my daycare for two years and over that time he had been in and out of the hospital and steadily wormed his way into my heart.

"Can we go outside and play Miss Yanna?".....I was busy unloading the dishwasher and considering what would be on the menu for lunch. My daily tasks loomed in front of me and I wanted to be organized and ready for the weekend. So, I continued with my work and encouraged him to play with some lego. He did for awhile and then began his favorite game of playing trains. "WOO WOO" could be heard all over the house but soon again, "Miss Yanna paleeeeeze can we go outside?"

I don't know about you but the Holy Spirit talks to me at moments like this, encouraging me to do what I know is right and true and yes, my responsibility. I sighed and gathered up the four little darlins I had that day and outside we went. Out came the balls and trucks and we began our ascent and descent of the faithful pink slide. As I took a break and sat on a trusty tree stump in the yard Connor followed me and asked to sit on my lap. It wasn't a normal request from him as he was a fairly independant fellow. I felt a lump form in my throat that was unexpected as I pondered that this was a moment that would not come back to me.

Connor's love since he began his time with me was trains. You would often hear him "choo chooing" around the house or coaxing the others to line up behind him so he could be the conductor and toot the imaginary whistle. His favorite kids show was of course, Thomas and Friends.

As I pulled him onto my lap he let out a gasp. "Did you hear that Miss Yanna?" I listened but could hear nothing. We waited quietly and then I heard it.....a train was going by and the "choo chooing" was getting louder as it neared the area. The tears came quite quickly then streaming down my face....yes, I would miss little Connor...but my tears were truly from a thankfulness to the Holy Spirit for pushing me gently to get myself outside and "hear" what He wanted me to. Connor said, "Can you hear that Miss Yanna, can you hear it. I LOVE trains!" I can honestly say I had never noticed the sound of the trains going by before so I knew this was a moment. A moment designed by the Lord to remind me of the importance of listening to Him and finding JOY in the little things. And to Connor, the sound of a train was a BIG thing!

I wonder how many times I miss moments that are divine messages from the Lord, encouragements He is sending to my heart, because I'm too busy doing my own thing to stop and obey... How about you? Maybe it's taking time to visit someone who's been on your mind. Maybe you need to sit down and color with your son or daughter. Maybe you need to get in your car and give Him the sacrifice of praise in the middle of your struggle. Whatever it is....listen to what He's saying and because He is faithful I know you'll "hear" the trains as they go by.

3 Comments:

  • At 9/22/2006 3:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    YOU MAKE ME WANT TO CRY! HEH!

    DARBY

     
  • At 9/23/2006 12:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi,Dad finally got me on your blog!This is awesome, Yanna. It made me cry as I could picture this little sweet spirit. Maybe we all need to be the little child that sits on the Master's lap and have Him tell us to be quiet and just listen. Mom

     
  • At 9/25/2006 4:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Wow! I am sooooo excited that mom told me about your blog! Look forward to reading it each day. I just finished reading all the ones you had listed. You truly are a woman of God. I am proud to have you as my sister in law. Keep up the good work. I'm going to check Russ' now. Luv you guys.
    Kristabelle

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home