The Daily Daisy

Welcome to the blogspot for Yanna Conway. I have a vision and passion to see women of God walk in a deep love relationship with Jesus Christ. Come in for a visit!

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

SCARS

If you are living, chances are you've endured some painful experiences with people. You may have been on the receiving end of a rejection or you may have delivered one yourself.

Each one of us can look back on our lives and remember people we used to be close to that are no longer in our space. Depending how long ago the removal of that relationship was, the pain of the loss can still be intense, or it may have subsided to a dull ache.

Recently I ran into someone I used to be very close to. Life's circumstances and personal decisions brought a separation that left me reeling in my emotions. The loss of a close friend can bring intense pain, whether it's a moving away geographically, a death, or a rejection.

I went through a season of asking questions of the Lord, of condemning myself for mistakes made, and well, crying a lot of tears. But it was a season... and in time ...God healed my heart. He taught me through my mistakes, He reminded me that while people will fail me, He never will. That though people leave our lives for various reasons...He is always by my side.

This unexpected meeting sent my heart into my throat. With that deafening thump in my ears, I prayed quietly for God to be the Strength of my heart. And He was. A peace settled over me and He gave me courage to initiate conversation.

I'd love to tell you it went well...it didn't. There was a fresh pulling away, icy coldness and minimal response.

It was tempting at the end of the evening to sink into a familiar pit. I recalled the wound, the pain,the loss...the Holy Spirit spoke quickly to me. The wound is a healed scar Yanna. There is no oozing, no bandage necessary, no scab left for picking at....simply a scar to remind you of lessons learned and My ability to heal you. Leave it with Me.

Often times we nurse our wounds long after they are already healed...it gives us something to talk about and we can sink into self-pity or wallow in our emotions. Other times we take it upon ourselves to rip off the scab and slow down the healing process. The Lord challenges us to move on, to purpose not to sink into a pit of reliving long gone pain. Have a look at the scar for the purpose of growing and learning and remembering that He was and is still a Healer and Restorer of wounds.

2 Comments:

  • At 7/03/2008 10:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You never cease to amaze me! Your ability to convey the truth of your experience in such a real way is an inspiration like none other!
    Thank you!
    Still your number 1 fan!

     
  • At 7/09/2008 10:57 PM , Blogger Shaun and Michelle Slauenwhite said...

    Yanna, everyone can relate to what you've written here. So glad to see you blogging again! Go for it! Miss you! ~ Michelle

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home