The Daily Daisy

Welcome to the blogspot for Yanna Conway. I have a vision and passion to see women of God walk in a deep love relationship with Jesus Christ. Come in for a visit!

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Climbing

Yesterday I took advantage of the ONE sunny day of the week and ventured to the backyard with the kids. They were so thrilled to be out there.

As they began to play, the adventure of climbing over the plastic wall was clearly the highlight for everyone. I was praying I wouldn't pull a muscle as I hoisted them each over the top!

As they "took turns" (haha, very funny) I was thinking about how different they all are. Even the different amounts of help and direction they required for this exercise was unique. Little Garret could climb with ease and just wanted a "high five" for his success. Kelsey and Libby simply needed support under the arms and a word of assurance or direction when they missed a step. Genevieve wanted to climb the wall too but refused to put down the ball she was carrying. "You can't do both things at the same time," I told her.

Finally, desperate enough to be a part, she put the ball down only to yell...don't drop me Miss Yanna....the wind is going to blow me away! I did laugh quietly...she really was afraid:) There was no way I would drop her, but I had to consistently remind her of that fact.

And then there was Kiley, who for some reason, didn't like her place in line. The pout lasted for most of our climbing fun until she realized she was really missing out.

You know where I'm going...we're like each of them from day to day. Some things we don't need a lot of support with, others...we need to put something down if we're going to manouver successfully. HE is faithful to wait til we put down the ball we're carrying:) And when we get an attitude, it's up to us to get rid of it, or let's face it...we're missing out on all the fun. We're all supposed to be CLIMBING you know. Regardless of how we're doing it, He is there giving us the individual support needed for the task. He won't let you fall!

1 Comments:

  • At 8/01/2007 5:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Ok, Mom & Krista told me your blog was good but I had no idea!! I have ALOT of reading to do now!! LOVE YA & MISS YA

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home